A game like Red Dead Redemption 2 is a very rare thing.
Sure, there are plenty of excellent action/adventure games, open-world games, and games with exceptional stories. But very few are exceptional in all of these aspects at once. If you don’t take our word for it, check the reviews; like IGN’s perfect score, Game Informer’s perfect score, or The Guardian’s perfect score.
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC looks to be even better when it launches on 5th November. But how much “better”? We’ve got all the information you need on what’s new, improved, and included in each edition.
- 1 Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer
- 2 New Enhancements for RDR2 on PC
- 3 All-New Story Mode Content on Day One
- 4 What’s Included in the Red Dead Redemption 2 Standard/Special/Ultimate Editions?
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer
Rockstar has managed to make its Wild West odyssey all the more epic by harnessing the power of PCs. Arthur Morgan’s journey will be exceptionally immersive thanks to 4K graphics support, unlocked framerate, enhanced textures and more (get the full list below).
You can give your high-end monitor a warm-up lap with the 4K trailer above that Rockstar just released. The short clip shows off the majestic open world that will be that much more majestic-er on 5th November.
New Enhancements for RDR2 on PC
As reported by PC Gamer, here’s a look at the new enhancements coming to the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2:
- Increased draw distance
- “Higher quality” global illumination and ambient occlusion
- “Improved” snow trails
- “Improved” reflections and higher resolution shadows
- Tessellated tree textures
- “Improved” grass and fur textures
- HDR support
- Unlocked resolution (4K and higher)
- Ultrawide aspect ratio and multi-monitor support
- Unlocked framerate
Plus, free access to Red Dead Online will be included, and so will all the previously released content updates. This means PC players can get instant access to “the complete online experience,” Rockstar explains, “including Frontier Pursuits and the specialist Roles of Bounty Hunter, Trader and Collector for players to progress through and earn unique rewards.”
All-New Story Mode Content on Day One
While we know you’re probably eager to mod-in new features of your own, Rockstar is including a massive amount of new content in the PC version of the game. This is great news for all the PS4 and Xbox One achievement hunters out there. Double-dipping anyone?
Here’s the new stuff you can look forward to in the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 (courtesy of Rockstar via PC Gamer):
Three New Bounty Hunter Missions
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen—track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his men are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting the others if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
Two New Gang Hideouts
Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
Two New Treasure Maps
Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for gold bars and other rewards.
New Story Mode Weapons
- M1899 Pistol: All-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater: High capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver: Ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver: Powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
New Story Mode Horses
- Warped Brindle Arabian: A fast and agile mount.
- Few Spot Appaloosa: Beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys.
- Perlino Andalusian: A healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only).
- Red Chestnut Arabian: A fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only).
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations: Keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker.
Five New Trinkets
- Hawk Talon: Permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye: Permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth: Permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell: Permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak: Permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
New Mission ‘To The Ends of The Earth’: Collect requested herbs for a range of rewards.
What’s Included in the Red Dead Redemption 2 Standard/Special/Ultimate Editions?
Here’s the rundown of all the extras you can get in the different versions of RDR2 for PC (on top of all everything already coming in the new version). As usual, you can save yourself some cash by picking up your copy through the CDKeys store.
Includes the base game, all the current Red Dead online updates, and all the PC enhancements. You’ll get all the fantastic gameplay but no extra goodies.
This upgraded version includes a number of exclusive extras on top of everything provided in the standard edition:
- Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
- Dappled Black Thoroughbred
- Talisman & Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
- Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
- The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit
The ultimate way to experience this epic masterpiece of a game. Comes with:
- Everything included in the Special Edition listed above
- Bonus Outfits
- Rank Bonuses
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred
- Free access to the Survivor Camp Theme
- Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in both Story Mode and online.
Check out the store pages linked above for the PC requirements.
If you’re unfamiliar with why Red Dead Redemption 2 is so amazing, you should check out our blog post on why it’s one of the best games ever made. And, for all the PC players who will be dipping their toe in for the first time, we can help you out with 5 Essential Tips to Master Your First Hours of Red Dead Redemption 2.