Fortnite Season 7 is already more than halfway through and it feels like it has just begun!
Right now we’re having a lot of fun with the Suppressed Sniper Rifle that just dropped in the patch on Jan. 8. This new weapon could be handy in completing some of Week 6’s challenges. We have the full list of challenges below, along with guides to help you find the chilly gnomes and throw the ice puck.
As always, you can find all of the previous Season 7 challenges on our blog:
Fortnite Season 7, Week 6 Challenges
The two hardest challenges this week involve “Chilly Gnomes” and sliding an ice puck in a single throw, so be sure to check out our guide on those below. The rest of these Battle Star-earning tasks are about as simple and straightforward as playing the game itself. In fact, you could complete a few of this week’s challenges accidentally!
- Search an Ammo Box in different Named Locations (0/7) = 5 Battle Stars
- Search Chilly Gnomes (0/7) = 5 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in Lucky Landing or Tilted Towers [HARD] (0/3) = 10 Battle Stars
Battle Pass Challenges
- Stage 1: Visit Polar Peak and Tilted Towers in a single match = 1 Battle Star
- Stage 2: Deal (200) damage with Assault Rifles to opponents = 1 Battle Star
- Final Stage: Deal (200) damage with Grenades, Clingers, or Stink Bombs to opponents = 1 Battle Star
- Slide an Ice Puck over 150m in a single throw (0/1) = 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (0/200) [HARD] = 1 Battle Star
- Stage 2: Visit Lucky Landing and Retail Row in a single match = 1 Battle Star
- Final Stage: Visit Lazy Links and Shifty Shafts in a single match = 1 Battle Star
- Deal damage with different weapons in a single match [HARD] (0/5) = 10 Battle Stars
How to Slide an Ice Puck Over 150m in a Single Throw
To attempt this challenge, you need to have reached level 28 on your Battle Pass, which will unlock the ice puck you’ll use. Now, here comes the fun and kind of unexpected part…
You’re not going to actually “slide this puck” like the challenge states, or slap it around with your pickaxe as you might imagine. Slipping around on frozen Greasy Grove will not get you the distance you need, because, you’re throwing the ice puck.
So, to cover the most distance with a single throw, you should go someplace high like the really tall new point on the map: Polar Peak. Once there, head to the top of the main castle-like structure and toss the puck from the ramparts. Doing so should easily allow you to clear 150m in a single throw.
Where to Find the Chilly Gnomes
All the frozen little guys you’re looking for will be located outside (makes sense), and all will be located in the new frozen part of the map (also makes sense). That narrows your search down quite a bit but if want the exact locations of the frozen gnomes, simply check out the map below:
That wraps up our guide on Fortnite’s Week 6 challenges. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below!