Good things come to those who wait. The latest entry in the massively popular Watch Dogs series has arrived. Legion drops players into a dystopian version of near-future London. And, like previous games in the franchise, the massive open world promises a chaotic good time.
Buy Watch Dogs: Legion for PC or Xbox One Now
Anyone Can Be Your Weapon
First and foremost, let’s be clear that the Watch Dogs series is no GTA clone; and this is more apparent than ever in Legion. The vehicles, combat, and high-tech criminal gadgetry allow you to interact with the detailed open-world and exciting story in unprecedented ways.
But our favorite new thing about Watch Dogs: Legion has to be the insanely fun ability to “become” almost any individual you encounter in the game. What makes this new mechanic so thrilling is that each person, whether it be the random construction worker or the sharply dressed stockbroker, has their own special set of abilities. You never know who you’ll encounter in the futuristic streets of London… As IGN’s reviewer of Legion noted:
A magician who dresses like a high-tech pimp was the shot in the arm my playthrough needed.
Make Your Resistance Your Own
Not sure if Watch Dogs: Legion is right for you? Check out the opening minutes of the game in the video above to get a taste of the story, hacking, combat, and new roguelike elements that set Ubisoft’s latest game apart from the likes of other sandbox action games. To go along with this gameplay preview, we’ve rounded up all the best features for you below. Grab your copy of Watch Dogs: Legion while it’s on sale in the CDKeys store!
- Play As Anyone – Each character has their own backstory, personality, and skill set—all of which come into play as you personalize your team. Swap between characters as you explore an open world online with friends. Enjoy free updates of new modes, rewards, and themed events.
- Join the Resistance – London’s facing its downfall courtesy of state surveillance, private military, and organized crime. Recruit a well-rounded resistance to overthrow the wankers ruining this once-great city. The fate of London lies with you.
- Take Back London – Explore a massive urban open world and visit London’s many famous landmarks – including Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Camden, Piccadilly Circus, or the London Eye.
- Play Your Way – A brand-new melee system and a wide range of weapons and abilities means that the way you approach combat has real consequences. If you use non-lethal force, the enemy will attempt to subdue and arrest you. If you shoot to kill, you risk having your characters permanently killed.
- Get the Gang Together – Giving London back to the people doesn’t have to be some heroic solo jaunt, ya know. Bring the fight online to join forces with up to three friends as you take on entirely new co-op missions and challenging end-game content.
- The Powers That Be – When London fell apart, opportunists knew where to be to catch the important pieces. They’re in charge, and it’s up to you to make sure that position is only temporary.
What are you playing (while you wait for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out)? Check out our list of the best new releases in October for more great games on sale.
Follow the CDKeys Facebook page to keep up with the latest deals to save yourself some cash.