Wasteland 3 is finally here! Developer inXile’s latest release comes in last (but certainly not least) on our of our list of the top 5 new games of August.
This “devilish satire of post-apocalyptic America,” as Eurogamer calls it, maybe be the Fallout game you’ve been waiting for… if 76 wasn’t your cup of tea. Look no further than Wasteland 3 for a fantastic new/old-school CRPG that’s both innovative and true to the genre.
The End Has Just Begun
Pack your bags, you’re headed to post-apocalyptic Colorado in the newest entry in this turn-based RPG series. Wasteland 3 will once again focus on squad-based gameplay and will feature both synchronous and asynchronous multiplayer; meaning you and your friends can play in real-time together or on separate occasions. Plus, if you’re a subscriber, Wasteland 3 is available from day one with Game Pass on Xbox One and PC!
The Wasteland series has been a pioneer of the post-apocalyptic RPG genre, and this third entry is quite possibly the finest. All of the hallmarks of a brilliant RPG are present, yet it’s the creative twists, robust co-op multiplayer, and quirky (yet very morbid) attitude that sets the Wasteland series apart from other games in the genre.
Here’s a rundown of the features in Wasteland 3 that had Dualshockers calling it “the best post-apocalyptic CRPG since Fallout: New Vegas, and one of the better RPGs I’ve played in a while”:
- A Core RPG Experience – Features a deep and engaging story, utilizing a dynamic dialogue system with full English voiceover, allowing players to choose their role, and immersing fans of the series and newcomers alike.
- Survive the Blistering Cold – Set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado; where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Deep and Reactive Tactical Gameplay – Player vehicles, environmental dangers, and combat have all been revamped. Expect a more fluid, yet explosive, turn-based combat.
- Assemble your Squad – A detailed character creation system with dozens of skills, perks, and quirks are available. This allows for deep customization of your squad of up to six Rangers, geared to your playstyle.
- Take in the Scenery – Significant graphical upgrades, character animations, and first-person conversations bring Colorado to life.
- Bring a Friend – Play single player or with a friend in story-driven co-op. Choices open (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and more.
Play Wasteland 3 (and Over 100 Other Titles) with Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass is easily one of the most cost-effective ways to play the hottest games and new releases. Right on the heels of recent additions Red Dead Redemption 2, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and Halo 3 are more popular and critically-acclaimed titles.
New games are announced/added to Game Pass throughout each month (for both PC and Xbox One) so follow the CDKeys blog for the latest updates. Here’s a look some of what is coming in the rest of 2020:
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
- Resident Evil 7
- Tell Me Why
- More of the Halo: Master Chief Collection for PC
Will you be playing Wasteland 3 with Game Pass or as a stand-alone game? Let us know in the comments below or on the CDKeys Facebook page.