NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is out now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Yes, that is the official title, and yes this was previously only available in Japan! Replicant is a prequel to the award-winning post-apocalyptics action RPG NieR:Automata, and it has been totally overhauled in the new upgraded version that just released today.
Read on an overview of Replicant and a look at gameplay and features. Then grab your copy at a discounted price right now in the CDKeys store. You can also pick up Nier: Automata for an even further discounted price to catch yourself up to speed.
Humanity Is on the Brink of Extinction
In NieR:Automata you followed the story of three androids struggling to survive in a dystopian future overrun by vicious machines. Now, in this upgraded prequel, you’ll experience a masterfully revived version of the events that led to the critically acclaimed sequel.
In addition to fluid combat and tight controls, the new NieR Replicant offers detailed RPG elements. Utilize a wide variety of weapons, level-up to learn new skills, and fully customize your combat style.
Some of the original NieR Replicant team have returned for the remaster of this action RPG gem; including YOKO TARO (Drakengard / NieR:Automata), composer Keiichi Okabe (TEKKEN / Drakengard / NieR:Automata), and producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST X / NieR:Automata)
Gameplay and Features
Do you need to play NieR:Automata before NieR Replicant ver.1.22?
No, not technically, as Replicant is a prequel to Automata. However, would it be better to play it first? Yes, if only for the fact that Automata is one of developer PlatinumGames’ (Bayonetta, Astral Chain) finest works, and a must-play for any action RPG fan.
Here’s a roundup of the key features in NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…:
- Uncover the truth behind the world of NieR and prepare to question everything in this dark, twisting tale.
- Journey alongside an unlikely group of allies through a ruined world, plagued by sickness and monstrous horrors.
- A mesmerizing iconic soundtrack, newly recorded by NieR:Automata composer, Keiichi Okabe.
- Fight back dreadful enemies with a visceral, uniquely customizable blend of swordplay and powerful magic.
- Customize your character’s magic, skills, and weapons with the power of Words.
Check out the Most Anticipated Games of 2021 for more great titles launching soon.