Want more Animal Crossing: New Horizons content, and want it to be free? Well, naughty or nice, you’re in luck. A massive winter update has just gone live on 19th November, ushering in festive seasonal and holiday cheer through the end of 2020.
Read on to find out more! And if you haven’t yet started your own island community in one of the best-rated and best-selling Switch games available, you can pick up your discounted key in the CDKeys store right now.
Grab Animal Crossing: New Horizons On Sale for a Limited Time
Your Own Personal Paradise in New Horizons
Animal Crossing New Horizons has been massively popular since its release in March, and for good reason! The world is a crazy place right now, and New Horizons provides a much-needed island getaway. Sales of the game have already surpassed 26 million copies, and AC:NH is on track to becoming the best selling Nintendo Switch game in the console’s existence.
Wondering if Animal Crossing: New Horizons is worth your time, or whether the game lives up to previous entries in the beloved series? Check out our review roundup here, or our list of the 5 things you should do first for a more detailed look at the gameplay and features.
Heartwarming Holiday Festivities
If you can’t do it in real life, you can always gather with your island-mates in Animal Crossing this holiday season! The following features will be available regardless of which hemisphere you’re located in. Although, if you are in the northern half of the globe, you can also look forward to the promise of “tranquil blankets of snow” very soon.
Free Winter Update Features
- Turkey Day – On Turkey Day, which will take place this year on Nov. 26, the first-class chef Franklin will arrive and host a gathering in the plaza.
- Toy Day – From Dec. 1 to Dec. 25, you’ll be able to purchase toys from Nook’s Cranny and find holiday-themed clothing at the Able Sisters shop. When it’s officially Toy Day on Dec. 24, Jingle will pay a special visit to your island to spread holiday cheer.
- Reactions and Hairstyles – Nine new Reactions will be available with this update! Six new hairstyle options can also be acquired by redeeming Nook Miles!
- Home Storage Upgrade – If you’ve expanded your in-game home to its largest size and paid off your debt, you’ll now be able to apply for a home storage expansion by speaking to Tom Nook at Resident Services. This will expand your home storage to 2400 slots.
- Visit Random Islands in Dreams – Now you’ll be able to choose to visit random islands while dreaming; opening up new vistas of inspiration for your own island customizations.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Collaboration – A Pocket Camp smartphone model will become available in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- Island and Resident Data Transfers – The whole island transfer feature will enable you to move your user save data, along with the island itself and all the residents, to another system. Additional details about the benefits and limitations of these new data transfer services can be found at https://animal-crossing.com/new-horizons/#transfer.
- Seasonal Items to Celebrate New Year’s Eve – New seasonal items will be available starting Dec. 1 at Nook Stop. Between Dec. 26 and Dec. 31, there will also be several festive items to commemorate New Year’s Eve. In addition, you can look forward to a countdown event starting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31.